The aim of physiotherapy is to restore movement and function as near to normal as possible. This can encompass pain management, reduction of inflammation, maintenance of joint mobility, increasing muscle strength, gait re-education and more.
Common conditions helped by physiotherapy Include but are not limited to:
- Soft tissue injuries: muscle strains, tendon and ligament tears, fractures and wounds.
- Post operative rehabilitation: fracture repair, hip and elbow replacements, femoral head and neck excision, patellar luxation surgery, cruciate ligament repair.
- Neurological problems: intervertebral disc disease (IVDD), chronic degenerative radiculomelopathy (CDRM), fibro-cartilaginous embolism (FCE).
- Joint disease: osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia.
- Joint stiffness and mobility issues in elderly animals.
- Sports injuries or performance related problems in athletic dogs.
Each patient is individually assessed in order to tailor a physiotherapy treatment plan to meet their needs. If your pet has a condition that you feel may benefit from physiotherapy, please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss things further.